Would you like to know how to make an international call to Egypt or the telephone area codes for cities and towns in Egypt?.
To make a cheap international call to Egypt you will have to dial the country code for Egypt which is 20
followed by the telephone area code of the city or town in Egypt.
Local area phone codes for cities and towns in Egypt can be found here
You may dial the following: your country’s country exit code (eg: 00 44 for UK ) destination country dialing code telephone number
- Exit Dialing code - Every single country is actually assigned an exit dialling code which needs to be dialed when ever dialing beyond the borders of that specific country
- Country Code - Every country is designated a country code for incoming telephone calls to that particular country
- Telephone Number - the telephone number you would like to call
Whenever calling abroad, you are expected to drop the first digit of the telephone number in a number of countries. This is because, telephone dialing plans in the majority of countries use a so called Telephone Trunk Code (Trung Prefix). Normally, this is the digit "0" (zero) which is placed in front of phone numbers for calls originating within the country. However, this digit must be dropped when you are calling an international destination.
For instance, if your friend in Australia lets you know that his mobile phone number is 04 22?? ????. If you're trying to call him simply by dialing from Spain, 00 61 04 ???? ????, this will not work. This is because you will need to dial without the digit "0" (zero), hence the dialing number will look like 00 61 42?? ????.
There are instances when an overseas phone call will not go through. Some of the reasons are shown below:
- Telephone lines are blocked for foreign calls
- Mobile telephone numbers do not use area codes
- Using an Internet VoIP Phone connection?