Would you like to know how to make an international call to Canada or the telephone area codes for cities and towns in Canada?.
To make a cheap international call to Canada you will have to dial the country code for Canada which is 1
followed by the telephone area code of the city or town in Canada.
Local area phone codes for cities and towns in Canada can be found here
Make sure to perform the subsequent actions:: your country’s country exit code (eg: 00 44 for UK ) desired destination country code phone number
- Exit Dialing code - Each and every country is actually assigned an exit dialling code used when ever dialing beyond the borders of that specific country
- Country Dialing code - Every nation is allocated a country code for inbound calls to that specific country
- Telephone Number - the telephone number you would like to call
When calling abroad, you are expected to drop the first digit of the telephone number in a number of countries. This is simply because, phone numbering plans in the majority of countries use a so called Telephone Trunk Code (Trung Prefix). Normally, this is the digit "0" (zero) that is placed in front of phone numbers for telephone calls originating within the country. Nevertheless, this digit need to be dropped whenever you are calling an overseas destination.
Let's say that your friend in Sydney tells you that his cell phone is 04 22?? ????. Should you be attempting to phone him simply by calling from Spain, 00 61 04 ???? ????, this will not work. This is simply because you will have to dial without the digit "0" (zero), hence the dialing number will look like 00 61 42?? ????.
There are occasions when an international call will not proceed through. Some of the reasons are detailed below:
- Telephone lines are blocked for foreign calls
- Mobile phone numbers don't use area codes
- Using an Internet VoIP Phone connection?